We are actively seeking to hire a Senior Desk Underwriter with a minimum of 8 – 10+ years of commercial property and casualty underwriting experience for our Ft. Lauderdale Corporate Headquarters. Must also have a minimum of 8 – 10+ years of experience underwriting workers compensation coverage for no less than $50K – $100K accounts. This position requires a strong customer service approach to facilitate positive relationships with agents and brokers. Must possess the following skills/qualities:
- Strong technical acumen in commercial property and casualty lines of business.
- Ability to adapt to changing business environment.
- Demonstrates a high degree of responsiveness and focus on supporting Agents’ and Brokers’ objectives through successful negotiations.
- Expert in risk selection. Must be highly skilled at evaluating, assessing, and qualifying risks; determining the premium, policy terms and conditions; obtaining approvals; creating/presenting proposals to the agent/broker, and successfully negotiating deals.
- Manages a book of business by analyzing the portfolio, identifying areas of opportunity, growth, diversification, and executing marketing plans to enhance agent relationships.
- Proven ability to think creatively, strategically, and outside the box, while at the same time adhering to strict regulatory requirements and underwriting authority.
- Experience mentoring staff underwriters along with proven time and desk management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong collaboration skills in a team environment.
- Solid organizational and analytical skills with a continuous process improvement approach.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, and have the ability to learn other industry-related programs.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of underwriting with extensive worker’s compensation experience.
- CPCU, CIC, ARM or similar professional insurance designation highly preferred.
We are looking for a dynamic, team-oriented underwriter who is seeking an opportunity to take their career to the next level. This position provides a great compensation package and it is a wonderful opportunity for a talented underwriter to make a big impact. Relocation assistance available for the ideal out-of-state candidate.
We cordially invite you to submit your resume using the link provided.