We are actively seeking to hire a Senior Production Underwriter with a minimum of 8 – 10+ years of commercial property and casualty underwriting and agency business development experience. Must also have a minimum of 8 – 10+ years of experience underwriting workers compensation coverage for $50K – $100K+ accounts. This position requires a proven track record and a strong customer service approach to facilitate and maintain positive relationships with our valued agents and brokers.
We offer a great compensation package and excellent benefits. It is a wonderful opportunity for a talented production underwriter to make a big impact and reap the rewards of their expertise!
This position will be based out of our Ft. Lauderdale, Florida corporate headquarters. The territory will include Broward, Dade, Palm Beach, and Martin counties. Candidates interested in covering other parts of the state of Florida will also be considered.
- Manages a book of business by analyzing the portfolio, identifying areas of opportunity, growth, diversification, and executing marketing plans to build and enhance agency relationships.
- Strong technical acumen in commercial property and casualty lines of business. Workers compensation expertise a must.
- Ability to adapt to changing business environment.
- Demonstrates a high degree of responsiveness and focus on supporting Agents’ and Brokers’ objectives through successful negotiations.
- Expert in risk selection. Must be highly skilled at evaluating, assessing, and qualifying risks; determining the premium, policy terms and conditions; obtaining approvals; creating/presenting proposals to the agent/broker, and successfully negotiating deals.
- Proven ability to think creatively, strategically, and outside the box, while at the same time adhering to strict regulatory requirements and underwriting authority.
- Experience mentoring staff underwriters along with proven time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong collaboration skills in team environment.
- Solid organizational and analytical skills with a continuous process improvement approach.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, and have the ability to learn other industry-related programs.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of underwriting with extensive worker’s compensation experience.
- CPCU, CIC, ARM or similar professional insurance designation highly preferred.
We are looking for a dynamic, team-oriented production underwriter who is seeking an opportunity to take their career to the next level. Relocation assistance available for the ideal out-of-state candidate.
We cordially invite you to submit your resume using the link provided.